CONFERENCE CANCELLED FOR 2021
SAVE THE DATES FOR NEXT YEAR! OCTOBER 11-12, 2022
Kennesaw State University presents the
30th Annual Conference on Literature for Children and Young Adults
"Better Together: Sharing Literacy Tools and Strategies"
October 12 featuring Minh Le
October 13 featuring Samira Ahmed
- Featured Presentations by Cobb County Teachers and instructional leaders on phonics and guided reading; PBL; and comprehension
- Featured sessions from KSU Literacy faculty on vocabulary development, writing workshop and read aloud
- Featured session from KSU Tech Experts on learning technology as a Lunch & Learn
Proposal Portal -- Now open through July 1st
We will accept any literacy focused proposals
Strands we are focusing on this year include –
- Vocabulary Instruction
CONFERENCE PROPOSALS ARE NOW OPEN!
What is LCYA
The KSU Conference on Literature for Children and Young Adults provides teachers, preservice teachers, public and school librarians, media specialists, and school administrators with a two- day experience in which they have the opportunity to listen to and interact with several highly acclaimed children's and young adult authors as well as attend presentations from master teachers and experts in the field on all facets of literacy instruction.
Now in its 30th year, KSU's Annual Conference on Literature for Children and Young Adults has featured some of the most prominent authors writing today.
- Dr. Megan Adams - Co-Director
- Donna Fitzgerald - Co-Director